Business Development Manager
Do you want to become a part of an experienced and highly motivated team? Do you want to have a meaningful impact in the financial services industry? If so, then we have a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our RegTech startup.
You're a strong team player, able to communicate, and proactive with an entrepreneurial mindset. You solve problems with a positive, "can-do" attitude and you're used to analysing multiple scenarios and selecting the most suitable path. If you're also a fast learner, passionate about technology and eager to learn about new innovations, you're the perfect candidate for our startup.
As a Business Development Manager you will be in charge of the whole commercial cycle of your assigned business. Your responsibilities include evangelizing and educating the market, acquiring accounts, building opportunities together with your prospects and successfully convert them into happy customers. You are convinced that sustainable solutions geared towards long-term engagements with customers are the right solution to long-term growth.
What you will be tasked to do
- Identify targets and qualify them
- Develop and maintain sales plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis
- Establish and maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects and customers
- Network within the industry and establish relationships with new prospects and potential partners
- Drive the entire commercial cycle from initial customer engagement, qualification of opportunities to closing deals
- Consult with prospects about business challenges, opportunities and requirements, calculating cost benefits and create business cases with your customers that are of value to their organization.
- Identify strategic motivators, champions and main stakeholders along the sales lifecycle
- Present and demo Apiax solution to senior managers and decision makers
- Draft and deliver proposals
- Grow business within existing customers
- Maintain account plans in the CRM system, assess pipeline probability, forecast sales revenue and report on sales activities to management
- Continuously improve the sales process, identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to improve sales tools
What we can offer you
Interesting broad-spectrum job in an fast-growing RegTech startup
Passionate people around an exciting global product
A team with an entrepreneurial mindset, hunger for speed and immediate results
Modern office in downtown Zurich
- Proven work experience in the field of Enterprise Software Sales and/or Business Development in the financial service industry is a must
- In-depth understanding of the banking and/or financial service industry
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance topics is a strong plus
- You are highly motivated and target driven. You are able to prioritize.
- You have an entrepreneurial drive and are comfortable working in a constantly evolving startup environment where there might be no reference to work from
- Willingness and ability to travel international (50-70%)
- BSc/BA or MSc/MBA in business, law, economics or a related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a good command of written and spoken English. German and/or French is an advantage.
- Swiss / EU Passport or Permanent Work Permit