Do you want to become a part of an experienced and highly motivated team? Do you want to have a meaningful impact in the financial services industry? If so, then we have a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our RegTech startup.
You're a strong team player, able to communicate, and pro-active with an entrepreneurial mindset. You solve problems with a positive, "can-do" attitude and you're used to analysing multiple scenarios and selecting the most suitable path. If you're also a fast learner, passionate about technology and eager to learn about new innovations, you're the perfect candidate for our startup.
As Finance & Controlling Manager you will supervise together with the management all financial tasks of our company and ensure we use capital and resources carefully. Your responsibilities include creating forecasting models and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting.
Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
What you will be tasked to do
- Control cost spending on a monthly, quarterly and annual base
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reporting / financial statements for the management and the board
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Work together with the management on the budget process
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows and liquidity
- Conduct profit and cost analysis
- Oversee and supervise external fiduciaries and accounting firms
- Register branches and subsidiary and ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and reporting requirements
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations and manage external audit
- Work together with the Founders on funding options and investor relations
- Research of innovative solutions and continuous optimisation of the Finance and Controlling processes
What we can offer you
- Proven work experience in the field of Finance, Accounting and/or Controlling
- You need to be a master in Excel and/or Google Sheet
- Proficiency in accounting software
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Experience in IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a good command of written and spoken English. Portuguese and/or German is an advantage.
- MSc/MBA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Portuguese or other EU passport with a work-permit for Portugal