Front-End Web Developer
Do you want to become a part of an experienced and highly motivated team? Do you want to have a meaningful impact in the financial services industry? If so, then we have a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our RegTech startup.
You're a strong team player, able to communicate, and pro-active with an entrepreneurial mindset. You solve problems with a positive, "can-do" attitude and you're used to analysing multiple scenarios and selecting the most suitable path. If you're also a fast learner, passionate about technology and eager to learn about new innovations, you're the perfect candidate for our startup.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code. You will work with external and internal UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how our Website and Developer Portal are evolving.
Ultimately, you will make sure that we have a consistent and state-of-the-art UX experience among the whole customer journey.
What you will be tasked to do
- Develop new user-facing features and improve existing user interactions on our Website and Developer Portal
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize Website and Developer Portal for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code libraries for future use
- Maintain and continuous quality and test framework
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, incl. development team and marketing
- Manage and continuously improve our website and developer portal
What we can offer you
- Passionate people around an exciting global product
- A team with an entrepreneurial mindset, hunger for speed and immediate results
- A modern office in Lisbon
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Expert knowledge in PHP and Wordpress as a CSM system
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge of image authoring tools (to be able to crop, resize or perform small adjustments on an image) such as Photoshop is a great advantage.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and mobile compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Github.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that our website will adhere to them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a good command of written and spoken English. German and/or Portuguese is an advantage.
- Portuguese or other EU passport with a work-permit for Portugal